Do you wait for an upgrade to get a new BlackBerry?
I have a conundrum, and since it’s BlackBerry-related this seems like the best forum for it. Perhaps some of you out there have a similar issue. That’s the hope, at least. See, I have an upgrade coming in November. That means subsidized new BlackBerry, which has me excited. Even more so, that’s around when the BlackBerry Storm 2 is set to hit. Seems like an obvious choice, right? Well, not exactly. See, I like my mechanical keyboard, and after playing around with the Tour for a weekend, I’m kinda hooked on it. This leads to another question: do I try to pull a few strings with my Verizon dealer and see if an early upgrade is possible?
I was wondering through all this, how do other people do it? Do you always wait until your carrier upgrade? Or can you just not stand it any more and pay full price for the device? It’s always interested me how much people pay for their devices. This will be a big question for people as this year goes on. For instance, T-Mobile users, if you already have the Curve 8900, is it worth it to pay full price for the 9700 to get those 3G speeds? Or are you just going to suck it up with your EDGE data until you get an upgrade? Would you try to sell your old BlackBerry on eBay
to recoup some of the money? Or would you save it as a backup? I’m really interested to see what people have to say about these questions. Personally, I think I’m just going to wait until my actual upgrade in November and choose then between the Tour and the Storm. That makes the most sense, at least for my personal position. But what about you? What would you do if you were me?