We’re in the middle of June, the rumored launch month for the BlackBerry 9800 slider on AT&T. The iPhone launch is already out of the way, which clears the way for the BlackBerry announcement later this month. We’re still dealing with rumors right now, so there’s a chance the device comes out in July or later, but since we haven’t quite heard anything to the contrary yet, we’ll still keep our hopes up that it’s coming this month. In the meantime, let’s watch some video.
Bold 9800 with OS 6 caught on video
We’ve seen the Bold 9800 on camera before. We’ve seen OS 6 on camera before. But I bet the total length of those videos combined doesn’t add up to nearly 17 minutes. That’s what we got this week, though. If you’re at all interested in the device or the OS, you might want to queue this one up during a lunch break.
9670 flip gets its moment on camera
After the 9800, the 9670 flip phone appears to be next on the agenda. This one has drawn the ire of many fans who would like to see flip phones put out to pasture, but the news isn’t all bad. The site Driphter has two new videos of the device, also running OS 6, along with a few observations. First, the fun part.
Curve 9300 also caught on camera
Plenty of BlackBerry stories to go around this week.
- BES 5.0 specs leaked. BBLeaks has the rundown on everything you want and need to know about BES 5.0.
- The definitive guide to BlackBerry Messenger revisited. With a new version of BBM out, it’s time to revisit our guide. I think this covers just about everything.
- Free phones at T-Mobile on June 19. We’d been hearing about a big promo on that date. If you sign up for a family plan you can get any phone in the store for free.
- In sadder news, it appears something funky is happening with unlocked Storms on T-Mobile. You having the same problem?
- Just a reminder: RIM still leads in smartphone market share. Proceed as normal.
- RIM spent $675K on lobbying in Q1. What this means in the long run I don’t know. But it’s far more than they’ve spent in the past.