Today’s tip is as simple as they come, yet many people do not know it. There will be many instances when you might need relevant information from your BlackBerry. Maybe you’re on the phone with technical support and they need information such as your IMEI number. Maybe you want to see how much free memory you have on your BlackBerry. Or maybe you just need to quickly access your PIN. In any case, it takes just one key sequence to bring up tons of relevant BlackBerry information. Just press and hold Alt + Caps + H. Seriously, it will bring you to a page of BlackBerry data, wherein you can find almost any technical bit you need. The information included in the Help Me! screen, at least for CDMA BlackBerry devices:
- Vendor ID: your carrier’s ID
- App version: your current OS
- PIN, which is always handy to have next to you.
- IMEI, which is useful when dealing with your cell carrier.
- MAC, which is also something a tech support representative might ask for.
- MEID, another number you might need in a pinch.
- Uptime: how long as your device been running?
- Signal strength: your signal level, expressed decibels.
- Battery level: again, expressed in number form rather than bar form.
- File free: How much free space is available, combined between internal and external.
- File total: how much total space you have available between your internal storage and SD card.
Again, just press and hold Alt + Caps + H to bring up this useful menu.