It seriously annoys me when I flip through new BlackBerry applications and see ones that users can perform for free. The app might add a slight convenience, but it’s rarely worth paying the extra money when the function is available to you freely. This mostly goes for flashlight apps, but it also goes for most calculator apps. All it takes is some button pressing and a little ingenuity to figure out how to divide a restaurant bill using just a normal calculator. Still, there’s a new app in the store that might actually be worth it. It’s called MultiCalc, and it provides six specialty calculators in one. As the video above demonstrates, you can get many uses out of MultiCalc. The functions include:
- BMI calculator, even though BMI is next to useless.
- Mortgage payment calculator, which should come in handy.
- Tip calculator, which you can do yourself.
- Discount calculator, which you can also do yourself.
- Monthly interest rate calculator, which should come in handy.
- Calories calculator, which is about as useful as BMI.
If you want to know your BMI, just take your weight in pounds and divide by your height in inches, squared, times 703. That is: Weight / Height