BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0 Beginner’s Guide
Whether you are a novice BlackBerry user who is only concerned with receiving your business email on your mobile device or an experienced high-tech enthusiast, expert in every aspect of the devices’ features, you are most likely familiar with Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES). Our BES Beginner’s Guide will help you to get a better understanding of key features of BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0. integrated with Microsoft Exchange Server as a hosted service enabling mobile workers to use their BlackBerry as a critical business tool.
BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 4.0 continues to build on many of the core features & benefits seen previously in BES 3.6.
Let’s review the benefits of this new version for the BlackBerry end-user:
- WIRELESS access to suite of productivity tools
BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0 comes with fully-featured wireless tools including: hosted email, calendar, address book, tasks & memo & automatic wireless backup.
What does this mean to an end-user?
- Hosted email message status (including read, unread, deletes and folder moves) is now being updated wirelessly! This enables the user to always have the most current information and be able to send and receive email without having to synchronize their device at any time.
- Wireless PIM synchronization – All calendar appointments and meeting requests are updated wirelessly without requiring any user intervention. Users can accept, decline or tentatively accept appointments, with or without comments, and get notified of meeting conflicts.
- Users can simultaneously search their calendar, address book, tasks, memo pad and message applications.
In addition to the above: help menus for BlackBerry are now available right on your handheld, so you don’t have to turn back to your PC for help.
- Attachment Viewing for your Exchange-hosted email
Wouldn’t you like to access and utilize email on your BlackBerry the same way you are able to use it on your PC? With a new BES 4.0 you can! You can now view images (JPG/GIF/BMP/PNG/TIFF formats) and all of the standard document attachment formats including MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Adobe PDF, Word Perfect and ASCII files. The attachment can be easily distinguished: thanks to unique message icons accompanying the email message.
- BlackBerry ® Browser Updates
And last but not the least: new BlackBerry browser features will make the mobile experience even more like that of a traditional web-browser. These include an enhanced formatting support of HTML tables and support for animated GIFs. In addition, you can now use Java Script-enabled web pages with support from Java Script 1.3. And lastly – a new browser allows you to email a clickable URL.
In summary, BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0 enables mobile professionals to become even more productive. Combine that with a hosted Exchange service and you can stay connected with clients, vendors and coworkers around the clock.