With more and more people using BlackBerries around the world, multi-language support is important for sending emails and accessing data. Many of the newer BlackBerries have it, but what happens if your model doesn’t? Research In Motion’s website has language specs for every model that they’ve made, but for users that travel a lot and communicate in different languages, the BlackBerry’s main specs don’t always cut it, especially when you need help fast. Thankfully, whether you need a dictionary or multi-language support for applications on your BlackBerry, there are software programs to support it. We’ve compiled a list of multi-language support applications that we liked:
- Have you ever found yourself stuck for words when you’re typing an email or trying to translate a different language? If you have, then maybe you wish that you had a dictionary handy. The MSDICT Oxford Multi-pack for BlackBerry allows you to access up to five different dictionaries right on your BlackBerry. You can even try the application on the website. The price is $99.99.
- Need a dictionary beyond what you get with your email? BBGeeks and BEIKS.com offers 17 language dictionaries for the BlackBerry for prices below $30. New dictionaries include Russian and Ukrainian.
- TenDigits.com offers Microsoft Dynamics, a BlackBerry solution that allows users to work and email in the language of their choice. The application also performs different functions, including tasking.
- The Berlitz Basic Multilanguage Dictionary for BlackBerries offers only four languages, but the application’s features are so astounding that it is worth the $103.60. You can translate something with one click from your BlackBerry message or notes application; you can also view your interface in English, Spanish, German, French and Italian.
- Free 25-language Phrasebook from MobileReference works on a variety of different platforms, including a PDA and a PC. You can navigatefrom the Table of Contents or access the phrasebook from the search function. This is good for a quick refresher when you’re on holiday.
Multi-language applications are important in today’s world, when many individual and business users travel a lot. Also, BlackBerries are prevalent everywhere, in Europe and the Middle East. Everyone wants to stay connected, so why not make it easier? With BlackBerries able to perform many different functions, why not tap into the world of applications and get one of these great dictionaries? At least you’re going to be ready when someone addresses you in Spanish or Italian!