Here is the first FrAppDay on Google And Blog as the RC33 update for G1 owners moves the Android Market out of Beta.
Quietly the Android Market removes the BETA tag when accessing it with G1s that have the current RC33 update, surprisingly there is little mention of this.
What also emerges today is the first FrAppDay where on Fridays I go over the top applications to be launched in the Android Market over the week.
AndroidTapp will also post here on FrAppDay so as to provide their more thorough and detailed review of the Android applications.
Listed below are the Top Ten applications I thought were interesting that were released this past week starting on February 1st, 2009 :
- Video Recorder / Video Camera – An attempt to perform some video recording on the G1
but there is NO sound recording.
- Metronome – Provides metronome beats at various tempo settings up to 840 beats per minute so I can see this being useful for musicians.
- Fitsync – Seems like a robust fitness app with workout explanations, videos, and exercise tracker but very limited as a demo.
- Factoid – a TON of trivia information.
- Pickup Lines – Post, view, and rate the best pickup lines.
- Straight – Place your finger on the screen to find out if you are straight or not. Nice gag app to not take seriously.
- Whiteboard – Draw like you would on a normal white board, but oddly you are not allowed to save it.
- Mr. T Soundboard – 12 lines from the legend called Mr. T.
- Samuel L Jackson Soundboard – 12 lines discretely censored from Samuel Jackson.
- Fartdroid – 12 different farts at the press of a button or via a timer – a true way to publicly display your maturity.
What applications over this past week did you like and/or which not so much?